Perpustakaan Sultanah Bahiyah, Universiti Utara Malaysia (PSB UUM) is one of the academic library in Malaysia which was established in 1 Julai 1984 when the University itself created by the government in February, 1984. At the early staged of its development, it was placed at a temporary campus in Jitra, Kedah and served to UUM students with a growing numbers of collection and materials. In line with the completed construction of the UUM Sintok campus in September 1990, the library moved to the existing building and started to offers more advance or exclusive collections and services based on the academic needs. The building which was originally can accommodate more than 1000 users at one time has been multiply with the attachment of a new building in 2012. Both building which covers a built up area of 49,169 square meters focused to meet the future expectation of the increase of students, academic members, learning and teaching materials and also the information technology industry in the future.
Due to that until now, PSB UUM has more than 1.2 million of various materials in its collection with a staggering of more than 100 thousands of circulated items every year. It was also contributed by the acquisition of digital items in various subject that accommodate learning and teaching subjects in UUM with more than 1 million titles. For information, the library has been named after the late Sultanah of Kedah, Her Royal Highness Almarhumah Tuanku Hajjah Bahiyah binti Almarhum Tuanku Abdul Rahman and was officially opened on 21st September 1999 by the late Sultan of Kedah, His Royal Highness Almarhum Al-Sultan Almu'Tasimu Billahi Muhibbuddin Tuanku Alhaj Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Ibni Almarhum Sultan Badlishah.
To enable the Library to achieve excellence in terms of management system, professional practices and quality services to users.
To provide excellent quality services in assisting learning, teaching and research.
- Total Volumes Overall : 1,187,816 items
- Total Printed Items : 187,816 titles
- Digital Collection : > 1 million
- Items Circulation : > 100,000 items each year
- Users : > 400,000 users each year
- Staff : 111 personnel's
- Building Area : 49,169 square meters
- Users Capacity : > 3000 seats
Perpustakaan Sultanah Bahiyah
Universiti Utara Malaysia
06010 UUM Sintok
Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia
Tel: 6049283627 | Fax : 6049283613
Perpustakaan UUM Kuala Lumpur
41-3 Jalan Raja Muda Abd Aziz
50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel:60326103015 | Fax:60326949228
- Self-Reflection - Believe in continuous self evaluation so as to be able to take measures to correct the error of our ways and to address our weaknesses.
- Excellence - Believe in being and strive to be, always creative, innovative and collaborative as well as discovery-oriented in order to be relevant, referred and respected.
- Mutual Respect and Acceptance - Believe in the value of courtesy, mutual respect and compassion in creating harmonious relations amongst student, staff, society and everyone else in the universe as a whole.
- Communication - Believe in and work towards, effective and open communication amongst ourselves and with our stakeholders.
- Gratitude - Believe in giving thanks for all the blessings showered on us by the Grace of God and humbly accept His will with calmness and patience.
- Lifelong Learning - Believe that lifelong learning is one of the necessities of life.
- Integrity - Believe in and uphold the principles of honesty, sincerity and transparency when carrying out our responsibilities and conducting our work.