New to the Library? Need to get started? Here's a quick guide for staff and students. Need help? Librarian at the Information Desk can assist with inquiries or for more in-depth help. Use our Contact Us online service or reach our social media platform to send us your questions.
Find Your Reading
Alternatively use LibSearch to find your reading materials. Find out more on how to search the wealth of library materials and how to request access to more resources.
- Tips on How to Find Library Books/Materials.
- Get help from our Librarians through In Person Consultation which will help you to speed up the information searching and retrieval.
- Find core texts books and items in high demand in our Red Spot collection on fifth floor at the Main Building.
- Complete your assignment with a help of understanding the steps involved.
- Find out about borrowing, reservation and fines.
- Familiar with the materials arrangement on shelves.
Manage Your Research Streamline
Streamline your research process with the right tools and related resources.
- Get research support to retrieve research material and information you need, managing citation and publication.
- Need help from our Librarians? Reserve yourself for In Person Consultation to help you speed up the information searching and retrieval process.
- Finish your writing on Proposal, Thesis, Dissertation and Research Paper? Time to get your academic works for a Plagiarism Detection as it is compulsory.
- Familiar with the Referencing Styles that the most effective and in used by the University .
- Know about Plagiarism and distance your self from the bad habit.
Explore Our Spaces
Explore what the Library has to offer to make your studying experience in the premises goes smoothly. We have a variety of study environments to support your learning and research, providing space for independent and collaborative working. As well as the Main Library you will find spaces across the premise and also in the New Building.
- Be familiar with your selection of areas for reading and study.
- Need extra space for special needs? Reserve our Auditoriums for special event such as seminar, talks, briefing etc.
- Want a personal room or group discussion space for your academic work? Why not reserve for carrel room or discussion room instead.
- If you were unable to sign up to one of our guided workshop at the start of the academic year, why not take our self-guided tour at a pace that suits you and familiarize yourself with the floors of the Library.
Get involved in our information and resources gathering skill workshops or library activities.
Access to Various Resources
Don't let yourself stuck with limited resources, be creative! The Library offers various resources for your convenience.
- Explore our core and traditional collections such as books, audio visual, journals, printed theses, archive, reference materials etc.
- Get access to UUM digital collections such as Repository, eTheses and Past Exam Papers.
- Access our online subscribe journal databases through eResources with plenty of materials and diversity of subjects.
- Need more? Free Resources might add some value to your research needs.
- Use LibSearch or Subject Guides to find specific materials based on your subject.
- Cannot find the resources your need in our collections? You might get it from other libraries through our Inter Library Loan Service.
Evolved Teaching Approach
Have a strategic teaching activities and develop your students' skills in finding or evaluating information based on the Library services, resources or tools.
- See what your privileges as an academic patrons in the Library environment.
- Help us in suggesting an academic materials for purchasing and build our collections more for the purpose of teaching, learning and research.
- Get involve in building your publication profile through UUM Repository account as it served as a primary reference on academic publications by UUM patrons.
Keep track on your library account or login credentials to access any of our online resources.
- Access your library account to keep connected of your loans, renew books and avoid fines.
- Check your official email account regularly for notices from the Library.
- Connect to the WiFi for free whilst in the library.
- Access the assistive technology, facilities and tools in the Library.
- Get your login credentials right and access to our online collection is smooth and accurate manner.
Find out where to get help in the Library including how to contact our Librarians.
- Seek Services Desk for guidance especially information service at the Information Desk.
- For disabled user, get the right assistance for your needs.
- Join our social media/community communication from these platforms : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Browse our guidance on certain topic related to the services or resources and get answers from : Subject Guides | How Do I? | LIB |Referencing | Materials Arrangement
- Still lost? Contact Us