Malaysia's Open Data PortalPopular Featured
Statistical Data / 217 views
The Public Sector Open Data Portal, data.gov.my was developed in-house by MAMPU and launched by YB. Datuk Joseph Entulu, Minister in the Prime Minister Department at the Conference of the ASEAN CIO 2014. The portal serves as an online one-service-center to access and download the open government data.
The portal has been upgraded with the addition of new features based on the global open data trends to facilitate access to the datasets available in the portal. The portal is upgraded to the new version and go live on 23th May 2016.
Open Data Objectives:
- Enables data to be shared to a wide range of users and to increase the transparency of government services;
- Provides opportunities to citizens and the business community to increase their creativity and innovation in the creation of new products;
- Provides a platform for the people to obtain information from official sources of the Government and as a means to obtain feedback from citizens;
- Saves citizens’ time to access the government open data; and
- Saves the cost of applications development by government agencies.
To maintain a quality and accurate resources we need to constantly monitor them by examine their url link, contents and scope. In doing so we need your help to contact us using the form below if you found that the resource you accessed are not appropriate in term of their scope to UUM, the url link has broken or anything that relevant. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.