Online collections are crucial resources nowadays as most of the information available online and can be access by anyone where the network available 24 hours. The library since the early of it's establishment in 1993 has adapted to information technology necessity where it is the first library in Malaysia owned a CD-Rom Journal Network System. Since then the library fully embrace the information dissemination through online platforms. Being an academic library and the important of information for studying, teaching and research activities, the library put vital efforts to subscribe a number of online databases which offers current information in various subjects taught in the university at the users finger tips. The library also develop its own local databases which covers most of the university publications such as theses, dissertation, conference papers, articles, research reports, research data etc.
A collection of subscribe journals in form of online databases and can be access by our UUM patrons using login username and password through eResources platform. Until now the library subscribe to 23 databases in various subjects which covers materials such as ebooks, ejournals, reports, research data etc. These databases can be access through eResources. see How to Access eResources?
|Subject||Online Database/ eJournals|
|Banking & Finance||
|Social & Human Development||
|Computer Science & Information Technology||
It is a growing collection of post graduates theses produced by UUM researchers. The collection comprises titles digitized from print holdings and items first submitted electronically from 1986 in various subject taught in the university. The content is freely available for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes to read via the system. Each items can be access in .pdf full text through a password that can be obtain from the eResources website.
For printed collection, you can obtain the material from the Special Collection at Level 3 (Floor 3), New Library building.
You can access UUM eThesis HERE!
Latest Addition to the Collection
- Mission drift in microfinance institutions of OIC countries: The influence of institutional and macro risk indicators on the mutual exclusion of double bottom lines
- Amalan tanggungjawab sosial korporat : kajian terhadap proses pembuatan keputusan dan akauntabiliti pelaksanaan rancangan ‘Bersamamu’ oleh Media Prima Berhad
- Muslim women’s role in reproductive health decision making and their vulnerability to STIs and HIV & AIDS in Ankpa LGA of Kogi State Nigeria
- Attributes of narrative game aesthetics for perceived cultural learning
- An automatic diacritization algorithm for undiacritized Arabic text
- Robust linear discriminant analysis using MOM-Qn and WMOM-Qn estimators: Coordinate-wise approach
- SWGARCH : an enhanced GARCH model for time series forecasting
- Self learning neuro-fuzzy modeling using hybrid genetic probabilistic approach for engine air/fuel ratio prediction
- The media portrayal of Arab Spring in newspaper editorials : the case of Pakistani The News International and Saudi Arabian Arab News
- Improving the quality of primary ESL teachers’ shared reading practice : a collaborative action research
- A Genre Analysis of Paid Obituary Announcements in Selected Pakistani English Newspapers
- Citation uses and perceptions in the literature review of PhD theses by EFL Arab postgraduates
- Coporate governance and Nigerian bailed-out banks’ performance : the indirect effect of performance measurement system and board equity ownership
- Factors affecting decision making effectiveness in Palestinian Banks
- Impact of project and organizational related factors on project performance of construction companies in Malaysia
It is a repository collection that collect, preserve and disseminate digital materials of scholarly works from the University. It showcases the collection of online publication repository of articles, documents, conference papers, research reports, book chapters and newspaper articles pertaining to research by students and staffs of the university.
Most of the full text of publications is made available only for UUM staff by using UUM email ID as username and staff number as password. Other users can obtain the access by contacting the author or responsible authority of the publication from the link provided in each of the items detail entitled : Request a Copy (where applicable).
Submission of resources to be published in the e-Repository must have the prior approval of the authorized personnel from HERE.
You can access UUM eRepository HERE!
Latest Addition to the Collection
- Cloud-Based Early Warning System for Forest Fire using IoT Techniques
- A Model for Characterizing Knowledge Utilization in Verifying Successful Knowledge Transfer
- Contemporary Applications of Teaching Pedagogy for Tamil Kindergarten using Sustainable Practices
- Analytical Hierarchy Process for Knowledge Integration
- Investigating The Adoption of Knowledge Management in a Non-Govermental Organization in Malaysia
- Adoption of Agent-mediated Knowledge Management to Increase Social Presence in Digital Community
- Assessment on Knowledge Level of Personnel Involved in Stamp Duty Valuation using Analytical Hierarchy Process
- Impact of Reward and Recognition on Employee Motivation in Local Creative Industry
- Types of Knowledge Involved in a Stamp Duty Valuation Process
- Repository of Biodiversities’ Research Data
- Casual Dining Restaurant Queue Management System to Optimize Decision Making in Table Seating Arrangement
- An Overview of Information Visualization for Malay Poetry Studies
- Social Media and Knowledge Management Disruptive Technology
- Knowledge Management between Expectations and Reality
- Kaedah pengajaran subjek Hifz al-quran terhadap pelajar Tahfiz di Marsah, Johor (The Teaching Method Pertaining to the Subject of Ḥifẓ al-Qur’an Towards Tahfiz Students in Marsah Johor)
Datastream is a global financial and macroeconomic data platform covering equities, stock market indices, currencies, company fundamentals, fixed income securities and key economic indicators for 175 countries and 60 markets.
Datastream only accessible via specific and limited computer terminals in the library new building. Please proceed to the Circulation One Stop Center desk to reserve a seat and access the database.
If you face problem or difficulties in accessing Datastream, please contact Ms. Mazyana Hashim Reference Librarian at 049283636 or Library Information Desk, ext. 3627 (Tel. : 604-928 3627).
Free Resources is a collection of open source materials available through the Internet that focused on scholarly or educational items such as journal databases, ebooks, repositories, theses etc. You can have a full access to the materials (where applicable) on consent of the provider without any link or communion to the library. Furthermore it is an alternative resources suggested by our reference Librarians to enhance your view on different subjects.
You can access the Free Resources HERE!
In order to make you access the online materials is smooth and accurate manner, you should consider a few tools such as :
- PDF Reader - PDF (Portable Document Format) is a file format that has captured all the elements of a printed document as an electronic image that you can view, navigate, print, or forward to someone else. To view and use the files you need the PDF Reader, which you can easily download. Once you've downloaded the Reader, it will start automatically whenever you want to look at a PDF file.
- eBooks Reader - Some of the eBooks item need a special reader to access the content and usually the provider/publisher will provide their software to be installed in your computer. Please check the guidance on how to download and install the software from the provider/publisher website.
- Office Applications - You may need an office applications to view, create, store, and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and notebooks online. Your computer may have already been provided with these application such as Words, Power Point, Excel etc as a bundle or you can get a free edition easily from the Internet.
- Internet Browser - To access the Internet you need a good browser that can deliver your searching or viewing experience in an excellence manner. Please make sure you update your browser to the latest version as most of the databases or websites depend on the browser technology customization to ensure an accurate viewing or connectivity between the sources.
- Mobile Devices - Please ensure your mobile devices such as smart phone or tablets are equipped with respected application such as above. You can download and install the application from your operating system provider such as Android, iOS, Blackberry OS, Bada, Palm OS, webOS etc.
In order to develop a necessary standards of library materials for the purpose of study, learning and research in UUM, we strive to have a quality references in our collections. To do that the Library purchased the materials from recognized supplier or publishers from all around the globe. These high qualities of books, journal, audio visual etc were acquired with the involvement of faculty members as well the students in selecting the items accordingly. Onward the items will be processes by our Librarians in order to enable users an easy access to their required materials.
Help Us Build a Great Collections
295total visits,9visits today