Online collections are crucial resources nowadays as most of the information available online and can be access by anyone where the network available 24 hours. The library since the early of it's establishment in 1993 has adapted to information technology necessity where it is the first library in Malaysia owned a CD-Rom Journal Network System. Since then the library fully embrace the information dissemination through online platforms. Being an academic library and the important of information for studying, teaching and research activities, the library put vital efforts to subscribe a number of online databases which offers current information in various subjects taught in the university at the users finger tips. The library also develop its own local databases which covers most of the university publications such as theses, dissertation, conference papers, articles, research reports, research data etc.
A collection of subscribe journals in form of online databases and can be access by our UUM patrons using login username and password through eResources platform. Until now the library subscribe to 23 databases in various subjects which covers materials such as ebooks, ejournals, reports, research data etc. These databases can be access through eResources. see How to Access eResources?
|Subject||Online Database/ eJournals|
|Banking & Finance||
|Social & Human Development||
|Computer Science & Information Technology||
It is a growing collection of post graduates theses produced by UUM researchers. The collection comprises titles digitized from print holdings and items first submitted electronically from 1986 in various subject taught in the university. The content is freely available for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes to read via the system. Each items can be access in .pdf full text through a password that can be obtain from the eResources .
For printed collection, you can obtain the material from the Special Collection at Level 3 (Floor 2), New Library building.
You can access UUM eThesis HERE!
Latest Addition to the Collection
- Analisis terhadap faktor peramal dan perantaraan kepada adopsi inovasi
- Relationship between brand characteristics and attitudes towards advertisement among Libyan students in Malaysia
- Temporal - spatial recognizer for multi-label data
- The relationship between safety climate, safety communication, and work environment with unsafe behaviour among construction workers
- Zakah compliance behavior in Nigeria : study of Kogi State
- Kepimpinan teknologi pengetua dan pengintegrasian teknologi guru di sekolah menengah kebangsaan di negeri Kedah
- The relationship between supervisor support, team knowledge sharing and autonomy supports with teacher creativity in primary school
- Amalan terbaik kepimpinan literasi pengetua dalam meningkatkan motivasi dan minat membaca pelajar menerusi Program Nilam : kajian kes di negeri Kedah
- The determinants of Malaysian stock market development
- The relationship between family communication and Malay teenagers' perception of teenage pregnancy, sexuality and sex education
- Personality traits, internal communication, leadership styles, organizational culture and employees’ commitment to change in Malaysian large companies
- The effects of social capital, mentoring and innovation practices on small business performance : the moderating role of environmental turbulence
- Factors affecting consumer’s healthy-package food consumption intention
- The mediating role of innovation in the relationship between market orientation and university performance in Pakistan
- Soft HRM practices, organizational commitment, work-related support and employee engagement in Bangladesh banking sector
It is a repository collection that collect, preserve and disseminate digital materials of scholarly works from the University. It showcases the collection of online publication repository of articles, documents, conference papers, research reports, book chapters and newspaper articles pertaining to research by students and staffs of the university.
Most of the full text of publications is made available only for UUM staff by using UUM email ID as username and staff number as password. Other users can obtain the access by contacting the author or responsible authority of the publication from the link provided in each of the items detail entitled : Request a Copy (where applicable).
Submission of resources to be published in the e-Repository must have the prior approval of the authorized personnel from HERE.
You can access UUM eRepository HERE!
Latest Addition to the Collection
- Aplikasi teori kes kaunseling perkahwinan dan keluarga
- Cultural values in Malay speech acts
- Work values, emotional intelligence, work environment and career commitment among generation Y: a proposed framework
- English language learning anxiety among Chinese international students in Universiti Utara Malaysia
- Teaching English sounds via minimal pairs: the case of Yemeni EFL learners
- The description of fast food employees' job involvement
- External perception of organisational culture and customer based corporate reputation: the mediating role of transparent communication
- Communication style and psychological well-being among flood victim in Malaysia
- Islamic institution and its impact towards local community: a case of Yayasan Daarut Tauhiid, Bandung Indonesia
- Investigation of folktale dramatis personae on a selected Malaysian folktale to test and visualize its applicability and pattern in the Malaysian context
- Role of perceived risks to tourists in building their future intention: a conceptual model
- The influence of Middle East crisis on the flow of tourists to Jordan
- The negative impact of Boko Haram insurgency on women and children in Northern Nigeria: an assessment
- Nigeria's role and its peacekeeping challengers in Africa: an assessment
- Restructuring and the dilemma of state police in Nigeria: to be or not to be?
Datastream is a global financial and macroeconomic data platform covering equities, stock market indices, currencies, company fundamentals, fixed income securities and key economic indicators for 175 countries and 60 markets.
Datastream only accessible via specific and limited computer terminals in the library new building. Please proceed to the Circulation One Stop Center desk to reserve a seat and access the database.
If you face problem or difficulties in accessing Datastream, please contact Ms. Mazyana Hashim Reference Librarian at 049283636 or Library Information Desk, ext. 3627 (Tel. : 604-928 3627).
Free Resources is a collection of open source materials available through the Internet that focused on scholarly or educational items such as journal databases, ebooks, repositories, theses etc. You can have a full access to the materials (where applicable) on consent of the provider without any link or communion to the library. Furthermore it is an alternative resources suggested by our reference Librarians to enhance your view on different subjects.
You can access the Free Resources HERE!
In order to make you access the online materials is smooth and accurate manner, you should consider a few tools such as :
- PDF Reader - PDF (Portable Document Format) is a file format that has captured all the elements of a printed document as an electronic image that you can view, navigate, print, or forward to someone else. To view and use the files you need the PDF Reader, which you can easily download. Once you've downloaded the Reader, it will start automatically whenever you want to look at a PDF file.
- eBooks Reader - Some of the eBooks item need a special reader to access the content and usually the provider/publisher will provide their software to be installed in your computer. Please check the guidance on how to download and install the software from the provider/publisher website.
- Office Applications - You may need an office applications to view, create, store, and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and notebooks online. Your computer may have already been provided with these application such as Words, Power Point, Excel etc as a bundle or you can get a free edition easily from the Internet.
- Internet Browser - To access the Internet you need a good browser that can deliver your searching or viewing experience in an excellence manner. Please make sure you update your browser to the latest version as most of the databases or websites depend on the browser technology customization to ensure an accurate viewing or connectivity between the sources.
- Mobile Devices - Please ensure your mobile devices such as smart phone or tablets are equipped with respected application such as above. You can download and install the application from your operating system provider such as Android, iOS, Blackberry OS, Bada, Palm OS, webOS etc.
If you are have trouble accessing a particular online resource, the first thing to do is to ensure your login credentials are correct. If they are not, you will need to get that problem fixed before going any further.
Are you entitled?
You can access to thousands of resources via the Library with your login, but just because you see a link for certain article, journal or e-book on a website, this does not mean that you are entitled to access the full content. The Library may not have bought a subscription to that resource because we subscribe resources based on the suggestion or needs of academic requirement. In addition, for many websites our access is only partial, because the Library does not subscribe to everything on the site or does not subscribe to all years of a journal.
Are you using the correct login page for the resource?
Login credentials can change. You are advised to go to our resources via the Library web pages or Service Desk to check the correct and most up-to-date login credentials. Further more you may need different login credentials on some resources as they uses different system platforms.
Is the resource restricted to use on the University Campus?
Most e-resources are available to you off-campus with your login. However some resources are only available from anywhere else with a password. Check the website or the Catalogue to see whether this applies to the resource you want and apply for a password if necessary. A very few resources are only available for searches on campus only.
Is there a problem at the resource website?
All websites need maintenance from time to time, although this is usually scheduled for weekends and night times. In the case of major services from any resource provider, the Library website will advertise down times notified. This page will also tell you if there are any disruptions to our network service.
In order to develop a necessary standards of library materials for the purpose of study, learning and research in UUM, we strive to have a quality references in our collections. To do that the Library purchased the materials from recognized supplier or publishers from all around the globe. These high qualities of books, journal, audio visual etc were acquired with the involvement of faculty members as well the students in selecting the items accordingly. Onward the items will be processes by our Librarians in order to enable users an easy access to their required materials.
Help Us Build a Great Collections