The Read@Uni Photo Contest begins from 14 October, 2018 and ends 30 November 2018. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest and agree to submit any required personal information and that information may be used in disclosing contest winners on our website and in other publications.
Who May Enter
Anyone from UUM community only either students or staff (except for immediate members of Read@Uni Committee members).
What To Enter
1. All photographs must cover the theme which is reading habit among UUM community. It can be candid, conceptual, portrait, selfie, groups etc but must encompasses creative composition of reading environment, subjects or behavior.
2. Entries must be the original work of the contestant using any form of photography equipment such as DSLR Camera, mobile phone camera, compact camera etc that can deliver the photo through Instagram platform.
3. Each contestant can enter a maximum of two photos.
4. If a person or people are in your photograph(s), you must get their permission to enter it in this contest.
5. Each contestant can promote their entry through any channel such as website, blogs, social media etc without restriction.
6. Photos which include people must depict those individuals in a positive manner. All photos, irrespective of whether or not they contain people must not be obscene, indecent, depict violence or any discrimination. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be disqualified.
7. Photos cannot be previously published in any manner, nor entered in any other contest
8. Photo’s must not infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights and must be relevant to the contest
9. All submissions must be in high resolution format – no prints, copies or other formats will be accepted.
10.You may use apps alteration on your submitted photos but at minimal level. In all others, only cropping is allowed. You may use filters when taking your photos.
11.Date stamps must be removed or the photo will be disqualified. You can crop them from your photos.
12.Only amateurs may enter the contest. Professional photographers or those who work as a photographer or involved in the photography area may not enter the competition.
How To Enter
1. All entries must be submitted online through Instagram platform using the hashtag : #readatuum.
2. Each photo entry must include a description such as your name, phone number, e-mail and uum id number.
3. Every photo should also be accompanied by a title, description, location and make note of any interesting facts about the photo that may not be otherwise obvious to the judges in the Instagram content description.
3. By submitting a photo to this contest, the photographer agrees to give Perpustakaan Sultanah Bahiyah UUM the exclusive, irrevocable right to use, edit, reproduce, publish and transmit the submitted photo and information provided throughout the world in any media, website, publication, advertising / marketing / promotional materials and electronic media without any additional compensation.
All entries must be received between 14 October 2018 until 30 November 2018.
1. All entries will be voted on by the public community in the first round of the competition which is between 15 October 2018 until 15 December 2018.
2. Only the top 10 contestants that has been selected or voted by the public which reach 500 likes will be qualified to the second round and will be judge by the juries between 16 December 2018 until 31 December 2018.
3. Judging of the final round will be conducted by a panel of 3-4 jury and all decisions of the juries will be final.
4. Entries will be judged on artistic expression, creativity, popularity, originality and the quality of the image. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
5. Only 5 contestants will be selected as the final winners which vary in terms of prizes.
1. All entered photographs will be displayed at the Library, where the winners will be announced and can receive their prizes.
2. Prizes must be picked up at the library; prizes will not be mailed.
3. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
One Grand Prize
One Second Place Prize
Three Honorable Mention Prizes
4. Winners will be contacted using the contact information provided on their entry form. If the winning entrant cannot be contacted within 10 days of the award, their prize shall be forfeit and another photo will be selected by the panel.
For Photo Submission
The contest submission start from 14 October 2018 until 30 November 2018 for all UUM staff and students
The public can cast their vote on submitted photo from 15 October 2018 until 15 December 2018
The juries will cast their votes from 16 December 2018 until 31 December 2018