To enliven the Read@Uni campaign, UUM students are invited to join the Read@Uni Photo & Video contest and win impressive prizes. Join the competition with #readatuum_photo or #readatuum_video to participate in Instagram today!
The Read@Uni Photo & Video Contest begins from 01 October 2019 and ends 15 December 2019. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest and agree to submit any required personal information and that information may be used in disclosing contest winners on our website and in other publications.
Who May Enter
Entrant is opened to registered UUM Students and Staffs ONLY.
What To Enter
1. All photographs or videos must cover the theme which is reading habit among UUM community. It can be candid, conceptual, portrait, selfie, groups etc but must encompasses creative composition of reading environment, subjects or behavior.
2. Entries must be the original work of the contestant using any form of photography equipment such as DSLR Camera, mobile phone camera, compact camera etc that can deliver the photo or video through Instagram platform.
3. Each contestant can enter only one category.
4. Each contestant can promote their entry through any channel such as website, blogs, social media etc without restriction.
5. Photo or video which include people must depict those individuals in a positive manner. All photo or video, irrespective of whether or not they contain people must not be obscene, indecent, depict violence or any discrimination. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be disqualified.
6. Photo or video cannot be previously published in any manner, nor entered in any other contest
7. Photo or videos must not infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights and must be relevant to the contest
8. All submissions must be in high resolution format – jpeg and mp4 preferred and each video must not exceed 1 minute in length.
9.You may use apps alteration on your submitted photo or video but at minimal level plus cropping is allowed. You may use filters when taking your photo or video.
10.Date stamps must be removed or the entry will be disqualified. You can crop them from your photo or video.
11.Only amateurs may enter the contest.
How To Enter
1. All entries must be submitted online through Instagram platform using the hashtag :
- For photo - #readatuum_photo
- For video - #readatuum_video
2. Each entry must include a description such as your name, phone number, e-mail and uum id number. (See example)
- #readatuum_photo / i read! by lisa abd rahim email@example.com/uumstudent25316
- #readatuum_video / knowledge by reading by razak din firstname.lastname@example.org/uumstaf4411
3. Every entry should also be accompanied by a make note of any interesting facts about the photo or video that may not be otherwise obvious to the judges in the Instagram content description. (not compulsory but encourage to do so).
4. By submitting a photo or video to this contest, the participants agrees to give Perpustakaan Sultanah Bahiyah UUM the exclusive, irrevocable right to use, edit, reproduce, publish and transmit the submitted photo/video and information provided throughout the world in any media, website, publication, advertising / marketing / promotional materials and electronic media without any additional compensation.
All entries must be published/submitted in Instagram platform between 01 October 2019 - 15 December 2019.
1. All entries will be voted on by the public community in the first round of the competition which is on the same dates duration submitted by the contestants.
2. Only the top 10 contestants that has been selected or voted by the public which reach the highest likes will be qualified to the second round and will be judge by the juries between 16-19 December 2019.
3. Judging of the final round will be conducted by a panel of 2 juries and all decisions of the juries will be final.
4. Entries will be judged on artistic expression, creativity, popularity, originality and the quality of the image. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
5. 3 contestants on each category will be selected as the final winners which vary in terms of prizes.
1. Selected photographs will be displayed at the Library, where the winners will be announced and can receive their prizes.
2. Prizes must be picked up at the library; prizes will not be mailed.
3. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
|Photo Category||Video Category|
|First Place||RM150 + Certificate||RM250 + Certificate|
|Second Place||RM100 + Certificate||RM150 + Certificate|
|Third Place||RM50 + Certificate||RM100 + Certificate|
|Consolation||5 Hamper worth RM30 each||-|
4. Winners will be contacted using the contact information provided in the Intagram. If the winning entrant cannot be contacted within 10 days of the award, their prize shall be forfeit and another photo will be selected by the panel.
Don't Miss the Date!
The contest submission start from 01 October until 15 December 2019 for all categories.
Public Likes Voting
The public can cast their likes vote on submitted photo and video on the same dates duration.
The juries will cast their evaluation from 16 - 19 December 2019.