- Finding Relevant Journal Articles
- I have a list of citations to articles I need. How can I find out if they are online?
Choose databases best suited to your subject and search by article author, title or keywords
- Finding Newspaper Articles
You may search for relevant newspaper articles at the BLIS or Bernama News Library and Information Center. It can be accessed at pnmdigital which is services provided by National Library of Malaysia. However, you have to register before use the service and its free for all Malaysian citizen.
BLIS or Bernama News Library and Information Center - It covers general news as well as topics on politics, parliament, crime, sports, entertainment, courts etc.
- Can I check periodicals out of the Library?
No, periodicals can’t be checked out. You may photocopy the articles you need by using photocopy machines at the Serial Division.
- What if the Library doesn't have the journal I need?
If the Library does not subscribe to the journal you need, you may place an Interlibrary Loan Request for the article.
- Locate books in the library
You can always locate library collection like books or other materials through our online catalogue, WebOPAC. It provides users with important access points such as call number, item status and location. You can search by author, title, keywords or combination of selected fields. Please note down the title & call number and retrieve the materials on the shelves.
- Request books from another library
You may request Interlibrary Loan service to borrow non-available materials from other libraries. The library will locate items such as books, articles and proceedings available at other libraries in Malaysia or commercial suppliers. You can request interlibrary loan by email to email@example.com.
- Place a hold on a book
You may reserve items borrowed by other users. Online reservation is available via library online catalogue, WebOPAC. The system requires users to enter their username and password for reservation confirmation. Please note that only books with checked out status can be reserved. When the items returned by previous user, it will be placed at the circulation counter for 4 days.
- Unable to locate items on shelf
Users are encouraged to ask for assistance at the Circulation Counter if unable to locate available status items in the WebOPAC. Library staff will search for the items and users will be notified about the items status within 3 working days.
- Items available for borrowing
1. Books and monograph from general, closed access, Northern-Triangle Collection
2. Non book items such as cassettes, CD-ROMs, diskettes, videos and kits which are located at the Media Collection. (Readers are not provided)