The library Special Collections collects, preserves and provides access to rare, valuable, and delicate collections of books, manuscripts, and institutional records. These includes selected printed of:
- UUM Researcher theses and dissertations (PhD and master's degree)
- UUM Student Academic Exercise Papers
- UUM Research Reports
- UUM VC's Collections
- Tun Dr Mahathir Collection
- Banned Book Collection
- Company Reports
- Japanese Foundation Collection
- Maps Collection etc.
Most of the items are rare and only available in this collection as a single copy, very valuable and limited in prints. Therefore, all users are advised to handle the items in proper manner and any markings are totally prohibited. Please use the photocopy machine provided in the collection area to make a copy of selected page/content.
The collection is located at the 3rd Floor (Level 2) PSB New building and can be access within the collection space area only. The items are not available to be borrowed and all users must register the selected items to refer at the collection desk. Please ask the staff on duty for any assistance on this matter.
Banned Book Collection
- All banned items are for internal reference only at the Special Collection Division (SCD), Third Floor, PSB New building.
- The collection is open strictly for UUM Academic staff and can be used solely for academic purposes.
**For further information, please contact:
- Special Collection Development Unit, Knowledge Resource Division (Rahimah Ishak | 04-928 3663)
- Collection Management Unit, Knowledge Resource Division (Abdul Hadi Hassan | 04-928 3621)