The library Special Collections collects, preserves and provides access to rare, valuable, and delicate collections of books, manuscripts, and institutional records. These includes selected printed of :
- UUM Researcher theses and dissertations (Phd and Master Degree)
- UUM students Academic Exercise Papers
- UUM Research Reports
- UUM VC's Collections
- Tun Dr Mahathir Collection
- Prohibited Book Collection
- Company Reports
- Japanese Foundation Collection
- Maps Collection etc.
Most of the items are rare and only available in this collection as a single copy, very valuable and limited in prints. Therefore all users are advised to handled the items in proper manner and any markings are totally prohibited. Please use the photocopy machine provided in the collection area to make a copy of selected page/content.
The collection is located at the 3rd Floor (Level 2) PSB New building and can be access within the collection space area only. The items are not available to be borrowed and all users must register the selected items to refer at the collection desk. Please ask the staff on duty for any assistance on this matter.
Prohibited Book Collection
- All prohibited items are for internal reference only at the Special Collection Division (SCD) main office, Third Floor, PSB New building.
- The collection is open strictly for UUM Academic staff and used solely for academic purposes only.
- Please download and fill in the Prohibited Collection Reference Form before submission to the SCD Office.
**For further information, please contact : Special Collection Division, Perpustakaan Sultanah Bahiyah, Universiti Utara Malaysia, 06010 Sintok, Kedah | Phone (Suparman Sukri : 04-9283652)