It is a showcase profiles panel of the professors' from Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) who contributed to the development of UUM in learning, teaching and research endeavor. The gallery display in depth biographies and list of publications in different subject related to their niche as well as academic profiles.
Professor Dr Rosylin Mohd Yusof
Ph.D. Universiti Islam Antarabangsa, M’sia, Economic, 2004.
M.Ec. Universiti Islam Antarabangsa M’sia, Selangor, 1993.
B.A. (Hons) Carleton University Ottawa, Canada, Economics, 1986
- Aliyu, S., & Mohd Yusof, R. (2017). A panel survival analysis for Islamic banks. International Journal of Economics, Management and Accounting, 25(2), 381-410.
- Aliyu, S., Hassan, M.K., Mohd Yusof, R., & Naiimi, N. (2017). Islamic banking sustainability: A review of literature and directions for future research. Emerging Market Finance and Trade, 53, 1– 31.
- Aliyu, S., Mohd Yusof, R., & Naiimi, N. (2017). The role of moral transaction mode for sustainability of banking business: A proposed conceptual model for Islamic microfinance banks in Nigeria. International Journal of Social Economics, 44(12), 2238-2256.
- Mohd Yusof, R., Abd Wahab, N., & Hamzah, H. (2017). Does home financing promote affordability of home ownership in Malaysia? An empirical analysis between islamic and conventional banks. International Journal of Economics, Management and Accounting, 25(3), 601-627.
- Mohd Yusof, R., Usman, F. H., Mahfudz, A. A., & Arif, A. S. (2017). Macroeconomic shocks, fragility and home financing in Malaysia: can rental index be the answer? Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research. doi.org/10.1108/JIABR-11-2015-0058
Professor Dr Wan Nordin Wan Hussin
Ph.D. Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, England, United Kingdom, 2002
M.Com. University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, Accounting, 1992.
B.Sc. University of East Anglia, Norwich, England, Accountancy, 1985.
- Badru, B. O., Ahmad-Zaluki, N. A., Wan-Hussin, W. N. (2017). Board characteristics and the amount of capital raised in the Malaysian IPO market. Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 42-43, 37-55.
- Alazzani, A., & Wan-Hussin, W. N. (2013). Global reporting initiative’s environmental reporting: A study of oil and gas companies. Ecological Indicators, 32, 19-24.
- Wan-Hussin, W. N., & Bamahros, H. M. (2013). Do investment in and the sourcing arrangement of the internal audit function affect audit delay? Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics, 9(1), 19-32.
- Ahmad-Zaluki, N. A., & Nordin Wan-Hussin, W. (2010). Corporate governance and earnings forecasts accuracy. Asian Review of Accounting, 18(1), 50-67.
- Wan-Hussin, W. N. (2009). The impact of family-firm structure and board composition on corporate transparency: Evidence based on segment disclosures in Malaysia. The International Journal of Accounting, 44(4), 313-333.
Professor Dr Phang Siew Nooi
Bachelor of Economics (Public Administration), University of Malaya, 1975.
Masters in Economics (Public Administration), University of Malaya, 1978.
Ph.D (Local Government), Institute of Local Government Studies, University of Birmingham, England, 1985
- Phang Siew Nooi, Sistem Kerajaan Tempatan di Malaysia, Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka, Kuala Lumpur, 1989.
- Phang Siew Nooi, Financing Local Government in Malaysia, University of Malaya Press, Kuala Lumpur, 1997.
- Phang Siew Nooi, Sieh Mei Ling, Lang Chin Ying and Norma Mansor, Women Managers of Malaysia, Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya Publication, Kuala Lumpur, 1991.
- Participation Of Women In Local Government Politics In Three Selected Local Authoristies In Peninsular Malaysia / Phang Siew Nooi. 1991. Sintok: UUM.
- Phang Siew Nooi, (editor), Green Productivity Programs and Activities in the Asia-Pacific Region: The Experiences of Selected NPOs, Asian Productivity Organization, Tokyo, 2000
Professor Dr Mohd Zaini Abd Karim
Ph.D. Univ. of Arkansas, Fayetteville, USA, Economics, 2000.
Diploma Economic Institute, Boulder, Colorado, Economics, 1995.
M.A. Univ. of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK, Economic, 1992.
B.Sc. UPM, Serdang, Selangor, M’sia, Resource Economics, 1989.
DipAgricul UPM, Serdang, Selangor, M’sia, 1982.
- PKarim, M. Z. A., Adziz, A., & Harif, M. A. A. M. (2006). Monetary policy and sectoral bank lending in Malaysia: A VAR approach, Global Economic Review, 33(3), 309-332.
- Chan, S. G., Karim, M. Z. A., Burton, B., & Aktan, B. (2014). Efficiency and risk in commercial banking: Empirical evidence from East Asian countries. The European Journal of Finance, 20(12), 1114-1132.
- Basri, B. H., & Karim, M. Z. A. (2016). Can benefits in recreational parks in Malaysia be transferred? A choice experiment (CE) technique. International Journal of Tourism Research, 18(1), 19-26.
- Ali, M., Raza, S. A., Puah, C. H., & Karim, M. Z. A. (2017). Islamic home financing in Pakistan: A SEM based approach using modified TPB model. Housing Studies, 32(8), 1156-1177.
- Raza, S. A., Sharif, A., Wong, W. K., & Karim, M. Z. A. (2017). Tourism development and environmental degradation in United States: Evidence from Wavelet based analysis. Current Issues in Tourism, 20(16), 1768-1790.
Professor Dr Abdullah Abdul Ghani
2000, Ph.D. Management, UUM Sintok & Michigan State University.
1988, M.A. Management, Univ. Of Kent, Canterbury, U.K.
1984, B. Agribus, Univ. Pertanian (Putra) M’sia, Serdang, Selangor.
1978 DipAgricul, Univ. Pertanian (Putra) M’sia, Serdang, Selangor
- Ahmad Saad, Al-Ahmadi and Abas, Zakaria and Abdul Ghani, Abdullah (2010) Performance of the General Directorate of Civil Defense during the Hajj season in terms of emergency management. In: Proceedings of 4th National Seminar on Hajj Best Practices Through Advances in Science & Technology, 27-29 July 2010, Eastin Hotel, Penang. Universiti Sains Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, pp. 1-9. ISBN 978-967-5417-95-5
- Hamed, Abu Bakar and Abdul Ghani, Abdullah and Mat Ali, Mohd Fauzwadi (2008) Hubungan antara etika kerja Islam, konflik kerja, ganjaran dan kepuasan kerja. In: Komunikasi organisasi isu dan cabaran alaf baru. Penerbit Universiti Utara Malaysia, Sintok, pp. 147-162. ISBN 978-983-3827-77-0
Thanks to the idea of UUM Chairman Board of Directors, Dato' Professor Dr. Sudin bin Haron, the gallery was created as a :
- Showcase of educational achievement and publications by UUM Professors
- As a role model for UUM patrons and the public
- Reference to current publication by the Professors
The gallery can be reach at the Main Entry of PSB Main Building where you can browse the exhibition panels along the 24 hours study room corridor. The gallery will rotate a showcase of selected professors personnel in group for a period of time as to cover the listed profiles accordingly.